A collection of motherly musings, recollections, product reviews, giveaways and much, much more....
Saturday, March 26, 2011
Hydra Refine One Minute Mask - Review (03/26/2011)
I like reviewing items but some of my favorites are bath and beauty products. Through my blogging, I have had the opportunity to be introduced to many products. Recently I was able to try a new product line - Repechege. I researched the company a bit and found out that Repechege is a US family owned business. From their website:
"Since 1980, Repêchage® has given women and men around the world a chance to regain the beautiful healthy skin they believed was lost forever. Repêchage® is a French word meaning "to rescue" or "a second chance." our superlative line of targeted care products for the face and body is steeped in the age-old tradition of European skincare with a healthy dose of American ingenuity. The result is a line that includes products for intensive anti-aging, sensitive, dry, oily and combination skin conditions, anti-acne, intensive anti-cellulite, daily body care and hand and foot care. All products are based on the wonders of seaweed and the best botanicals the earth has to offer. Even our extensive make-up collections is based on seaweed. Discover for yourself why Repêchage is a second chance for healthy beautiful skin."
For my review I received the Hydra Refine® skin mask. This is designed to redefine oily skin care as part of a line of five products. The products are designed to balance your skin’s pH, control oil, yet maintain moisture. Hydra Refine® is comprised of four main ingredients that can help users achieve this balance:
· Laminaria Saccharina Seaweed—This unique seaweed helps reduce sebum production and fights oil .
· Lemongrass - Has antiseptic and astringent properties and is a known anti-bacterial and anti-fungal agent.
· Farnesol (Lily of the Valley)—Supplies the skin with protection against acne causing bacteria.
· Cucumber—a soothing, cooling and healing agent that also protects the skin and aids in healing.
When I first received the product I was a little disappointed in the size but that was short lived. I found that a little of this product goes a long way. The instructions said to apply in the morning, leave on for 1 minute and rinse off in the shower. I actually used it at night but saw the benefits right away.
I have very, very oily but also maturing skin and it is always a challenge for me. I am constantly battling clogged pores but trying to fight wrinkles at the same time so was looking forward to using this product.
- I liked that this product was not just a mask, but also an exfoliating scrub. I saw a difference right away. The masque exfoliated dead skin sells with the scrubbing properties, but it also helped draw oil and impurities to the surface because it is a clay masque.
- I tend to use a heavier application when using masks - I found that even with using a good sized amount of the product, I did not have the same heavy frozen face feeling that I experience with other clay masques - the mask was very light!
- Even though effective, Hydra Refine is gentle enough that I would feel comfortable using on a daily basis.
- Also, the fact that it only takes one minute to use is even more of an incentive - I used to use masks quite a bit when I was younger but now rarely do because of the time involved. Ok, two minutes if you count application time. Two minutes a day can easily be spared. This is great for working moms like me; It is like having a mini-spa treatment every morning!
Hydra Refine One Minute Mask is a product I would use again. What I loved most was the combination scrub-mask. 2 steps in one is a time saver.
Sound like something you would be interested in using? You can purchase Repechege Hydra Refine One -Minute Clarifying Mask online at the Regechege website. It retails for $31 but is currently on sale for $25.98 USD.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.
Labels: bath and body, beauty, giveaway, product review, skincare
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment