Friday, December 13, 2013
Betty Crocker Cookie Exchange and Toys for Tots! - Giveaway
I have had a long standing relationship with Betty Crocker®. The majority of my baking posts have been sponsored by General Mills, Pillsbury or Betty Crocker®. I was also fortunate enough to be invited as part of a select group of bloggers to "Baking with Betty". The program included a visit to their facilities for a day of touring the campus and baking in the test kitchens. I learned quite a bit that I shared with my readers but one thing that I probably did not share enough about was the vast amount of charitable activities and philanthropic efforts that the General Mills corporation participates in and/or leads. Most recently Betty Crocker has partnered with Toys for Tots.
I have donated to Toys for Tots in the past. the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation accepts donations at select locations for NEW, unwrapped toys. The Marines then deliver these toys to more than 3,500 families in need. This year Toys for Tots has teamed up with Betty Crocker® to encourage Americans to Host Parties to Make a Merry Difference. Toys for Tots and Betty Crocker®are promoting the idea that holiday party hosts and goers to give back, bake and make a merry difference. To kick off the celebration, Betty Crocker has donated $50,000 to Toys for Tots to help deliver more than 3,500 toys to families in need!
Now through December 27, individuals can register to host their Toys for Tots Cookie Exchange at www.toysfortots.org/cookie. In return, the first 1,000 hosts who sign up will receive a special cookie-making kit from Betty Crocker, including a Toys for Tots train-shaped cookie cutter. Evite® partnered with Toys for Tots and
Betty Crocker to create a custom invitation for cookie exchange hosts to easily spread the word to their guests:
- The not-so-jolly reality is that more than 16 million American children currently live in poverty and may not receive any toys this holiday season.
- With a goal of 1,000 or more cookie exchange parties hosted, Toys for Tots, Betty Crocker and Evite are encouraging Americans to help other families make merry memories this holiday season.
“Betty Crocker and Toys for Tots are brands that are synonymous with the Christmas holidays,” Lt. Gen. Pete Osman, USMC (Ret), President and CEO of the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation. “We are excited to host the first annual Toys for Tots Cookie Exchange to help turn holiday parties – something in which we all partake – into an opportunity to share the magic of Christmas with deserving children by encouraging toy donations. Thanks to our new friends at Betty Crocker, everyone can help deliver memories of hope and happiness to children who need it most by collecting toys and donations at their cookie exchanges”
“We're honored to partner with Toys for Tots this holiday season to help fulfill their important mission," said Laura Forero, marketing manager with Betty Crocker. "It's our hope that through hosting cookie exchanges to gather donations some added cheer will be brought to thousands of deserving children this holiday season."
See my girls preparing a test batch of xmas cookies thanks to Betty Crocker and Toys for Tots. I have to reluctantly confess that my girls have surpassed my skill level in baking. They now do most of the baking. Here the girls used Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix. Half of the batch was dyed with green food coloring for a festive touch! Afterward the girls frosted the cookies and added some sprinkles. They were TOTALLY delicious. We... actually they...will be making another batch next week for our cookie exchange :)
It’s easy to host a Toys for Tots Cookie Exchange:
1. Sign Up. The first 1,000 hosts who register will receive the exclusive cookie-making kit from Betty Crocker. (I am not sure if any kits are available, but hurry and sign up if you are interested!)
2. Invite Your Guests. After you sign up, hosts will have access to free custom Evite invitations that they can personalize and send to their guests.
3. Make a Merry Difference. Each friend and family member are encouraged to bring cookies to share as well as a toy or cash donation to Toys for Tots. Choose to donate online or collect cash and checks at the party. Find a Toys for Tots drop-off location here for the toys you collect.
4. Be Creative. Get cookie recipe ideas from Betty Crocker, as well as cute ways to easily decorate your
5. Share your holiday cookie creations and donation success on social media using #MakeMerry and #TFT hastags.
Need some ideas for your cookie exchange? Check out some fantastic recipe ideas HERE.
About Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
The Marine Toys for Tots Foundation is a not for profit organization authorized by the U.S. Marine Corps to provide fundraising and other necessary support for the annual Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. Toys for Tots provides joy and a message of hope to less fortunate children through the gift of a new toy or book during the Christmas holiday season. Our gifts offer these children hope, recognition, and a positive memory they will cherish for a lifetime. Many of the books, games, and sports equipment that we provide as gifts make a significant contribution to the educational, social and physical development of these children. In 2012, Marines distributed toys to more than 7 million children who might not have otherwise experienced the magic of the Christmas holiday season.
About Betty Crocker
Since her creation in 1921, Betty Crocker has enjoyed a distinguished history as a multimedia superstar. Featured in radio, TV, print, and now online, this cultural icon has rightfully earned her reputation as the “Original First Lady of Food.” Minneapolis is the home of the Betty Crocker Kitchens, where a team of culinary experts develop food ideas that combine trends with consumer needs. BettyCrocker.com is one of the top websites in the food category. Betty Crocker’s Facebook community has over 1.75 million fans that enjoy interacting with the brand, and millions have downloaded Betty Crocker’s mobile app. Betty Crocker branded products garner more than $1 billion in sales annually. For more information, visit www.BettyCrocker.com.
With over 32 million registered users, Evite (www.evite.com) is the leading digital invitation and social event planning brand. Evite’s free, easy-to-use invitation designs kick off more than 7 million parties and gatherings every year. With 28,000 invitations sent every hour, and party-planning tools that handle hundreds of millions of RSVPs annually, Evite is responsible for more celebrations than any other online brand. Launched in 1998, Evite is headquartered in Los Angeles and is a wholly-owned operating business of Liberty Interactive Corporation
Thanks to Betty Crocker, I have one cookie kit available to share with a reader. Since the holidays are close, this will be a short giveaway. Please visit THIS LINK and comment on which featured recipe or related recipe (sidebar) you would like to make. This giveaway will be open until post by 11:59pm, Monday 12/16/2013. Simply comment and then fill out the Rafflecopter form below.
Good Luck to All and Happy Baking!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: I received a cookie exchange pack and information from Betty Crocker. One cookie exchange pack will also be supplied directly to one winner. I was not required to write a positive review and I did not receive any monetary compensation for this post.
- ► 2014 (35)
- Porche By Design: Seducing Speed - Exhibit at the ...
- Last minute fashionable savings! Review, Giveaway...
- After the Holidays Electronics Must Have! Review
- Herbal Essences Naked Collection Volume Kit - Give...
- Stocking Stuffer Gift Idea #1
- Betty Crocker Cookie Exchange and Toys for Tots! -...
- Congrats Candie!
- Last Minute Gift Idea #2 - Anne Taintor Gifts
- Last minute Holiday Gift Idea #1 - Hair Chalk Colo...
- Blu-ray #MovieMagic GIVEAWAY
- Limited Edition Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm - Re...
- The Accidental Time Traveller - Gift Idea for Midd...
- ▼ December (12)
- ► 2012 (84)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (53)