There were a couple of other shows that I saw that I was not surprised to see cancelled. Alcatraz for example - good premise but the cast never seemed to click. Flash Forward started out great but ended on a weak note. Ditto for the event. The only show that was canceled early that seemed to actually have any kind of resolution that I can remember is Life on Mars. Now I can find out well in advance which shows I can still plan to watch and what were cut loose at TV.com.
My Fall and *Spring lineup:
- American Horror Story (FX) -RENEWED: Season 2 is expected to premiere in October. One of my FAVORITES from this year. I do have to say though that I will sorely miss all of the Season 1 characters.... Hopefully Adam Levine will help me forget!
- Fringe (Fox) – RENEWED: A little confusing this year and my least favorite season yet but next year looks promising.
- Grey's Anatomy (ABC) – RENEWED I lost faith after last season but this season ended on a bang (or actually a crash). Looking forward to next year
- Grimm (NBC) – RENEWED A surprise favorite - looking forward to next year
- Hoarders (A & E) – RENEWED - I do not watch regularly. I will continue to watch re-runs when nothing else is on. I am always fascinated by the mess...
- *The Killing (AMC) – ON THE BUBBLE: Season Finale was tonight. PLEASE do not say it was the Series finale.
- The Lying Game (ABC Family) – RENEWED: Cheesy teen drama with. Hate loving it but love it.
- *Mad Men (AMC)
RENEWED(?) - Don Draper - I love you! I say this even though you are old enough to be my grandfather and even though everyone else loves you too.
Cannot see this getting canceled... It is too big a hit.
- Once Upon A Time (ABC) – RENEWED Slow start for me but forced myself to stick with it and am glad I did
- Psych (USA) – RENEWED Campy, silly and fun
- Revenge (ABC) – RENEWED - Love to see Amanda - oops....I mean Emily - in action
- *The Walking Dead (AMC) – RENEWED: I never knew before that I loved Zombies -now I do.
- So You Think You can Dance (Fox) – RENEWED
- Survivor (CBS) – RENEWED
- Switched at Birth (ABC Family) – RENEWED
Um, NO.... some by choice, some by cancellation and some because I gave up long ago - these I will NOT be watching.
Alcatraz (Fox) – CANCELED Not surprised - good in premise but poor on delivery. The chemistry between these characters was nonexistent.
Awake (NBC) –CANCELED: SAD SAD SAD Face
America's Next Top Model (CW) – RENEWED I stopped watching 2 or three seasons ago. I cannot say that i am sorry.
American Idol (Fox) – RENEWED I gave it a shot but with Simon gone, it is just not the same for me. I stopped watching this year.
The Bachelor/The Bachelorette (ABC) – RENEWED - Once I heard that Emily Maynard was going to be the Bachelorette I refused to watch. Thank god for small miracles. This show sucks me in every year and I end up wondering why I sacrificed hours of my life to watch this crud.
CSI (CBS) – RENEWED CSI: Miami (CBS) CANCELED: - I stopped watching both a couple of years back for the simple reason that the show became boring.
Desperate Housewifes (ABC) – CANCELED/SERIES FINALE: Bittersweet.
House (FOX) – CANCELED/SERIES FINALE: I love & will sorely miss Dr. Gregory House :(
Jersey Shore (MTV) – RENEWED I just cannot do it. I got sucked in on a marathon
Missing (ABC) – CANCELED Will not be missing this one at all
The River (ABC) – CANCELED The previews were 100x better than the show. Actually 1000x better.
Unforgettable (CBS) –CANCELED I saw one episode, then forgot about it. Apparently everyone else did also.
To see if your favorite or not-so-favorite shows will be airing in Fall 2012 - Spring 2013, check out TV.com's What's Renewed, What's canceled and What's In-Between?