Recently I have started making salsa at home. it is so good! My recipe is fairly simple - I tweak it each time but here are the basics....
- 2 - 3 part tomatoes to 1 part tomatillo (tomato verde), cut into small pieces
- 1 - 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 hot pepper chopped (jalapeno pepper or chili pepper)
- 1/2 a medium or one small chopped onion
- seasoning to taste (I use salt, pepper, a dash of chili powder and cilantro)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes from a can that is NOT lined in plastic OR add another large fresh tomato diced into small cubes
In a food processor, add tomatoes, tamatillo, hot pepper, seasoning and garlic. Blend until smooth. Add in chopped onions and diced tomatoes. Squeeze in lime and stir. Ready to eat! This is much more watery than store bought salsa but I love it.