Due to a technical issue, earlier posts on this blog were deleted. These posts are being re-shared with Momanthology.com readers on a daily basis. This blog post was originally published on November 6, 2011
We love chips and salsa - I especially like foods with a twist, so the numerous varieties of salsa were especially appealing. When the opportunity to review Mrs. Renfro's salsa came up, I jumped.
All Mrs. Renfro’s Salsas are: ·
· Gluten-free and fat-free
· Made only with natural ingredients
· Easy to use – every label has a simple and tasty recipe right on the label to give you creative ways of cooking with salsa. You can also view more recipes on their website.
· Time- and money savers – a 16-oz jar retails for about $2.89
· Readily found in most leading grocery stores in the US, Caribbean, Canada and the UK
· A great addition to your next recipe for a great meal
· Perfect for time-pressed families looking for healthy, delicious meals while getting the best value for their money.
When you order on their site, you must order in quantities of 4. (4, 8, 12, 16, etc). I was able to select 4 salsas of my choice and picked the following:
- GREEN SALSA
- MANGO HABANERO SALSA
- HOT TOMATO RELISH
- ROASTED SALSA
The Mrs Renfro's Salsas arrived quickly and safely - they were packaged securely to minimize the change of breakage during the shipping process.
So far we have tried the Hot Tomato Relish and the Mango Habanero Salsa. We LOVED both. The one thing I have to say is that these are very spicy. Both my husband and I love spicy foods but agreed that these had an extra spicy kick. Although I was tempted to try GHOST PEPPER SALSA, I chickened out :)
These salsas and the relish are great! Our favorite was the Mango Habanero - we both loved the sweet and spiciness. We both could not stop eating it. This would definitely make an impression! I also really liked the tomato relish. It is very spicy but gave a nice kick to my sandwich. I also cannot wait to try this in my soups and over beef or chicken. I have not tried the green salsa yet but the Roasted Salsa is another winner! This is more traditional but has a rich wonderful fire roasted taste..
Thanks to Renfro Foods, I have one 4 pack to giveaway to one lucky entrant. Please see the Rafflecopter form for details
Disclosure: I received the opportunity to provide a prize pack to one of my readers through a PR firm. I did not receive any compensation for my initial review or for this giveaway. For more information on this blog or on my posting practices, please refer to the disclosure policy at the bottom of this page