Today I helped my youngest daughter with her homework. Usually it is my husband's job but today I received the honor.
The assignment? "Create flashcards using your spelling list".
As if I haven't mentioned it about 1000 times already, we are moving .....thus all of our craft supplies are now packed up. Being the creative mom that I am, we used a capri sun box to create the cards. At first she protested but then her slightly older sister and idol said "wow" and all was good. Cutting the thick cardboard was not fun at all . When I finished cutting it was obvious that the cards were not uniform and the sides were slightly uneven. Overall I think that I did a pretty good job though. My daughter used a pencil to write the words and I used the sharpie to trace her letters. (If you read my earlier post, sharpies are for mom and dad ONLY).
End result? Ta da! Pictures on one side and words on the other - granted, the pictures don't match the words like they do on normal flashcards as we were using a set list but she did not notice. The favorite card was the one that had a picture of macaroni and cheese on the back. Capri sun must be teaming up with Kraft.
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (84)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (53)
- Win a year's supply of cosmetics
- Be Cool - Stay in School!
- What was once lost is now found...
- Reverisble Bird Seed Skirt GIVEAWAY!!!!
- Clean up relief is on the way
- Bookroomreviews mega book giveaway!
- Flip out in tech style
- Homework creativity - recycle and reuse
- end of summertime indulgence for Mom!
- Vintagesque inspiring Haiku
- You are never too old to learn...
- I found the missing links!
- I must polish the silver today...
- So much more....
- ▼ July (14)