I love chandeliers. I adore the little crystals dangling from the metal work of traditional chandeliers, scattering light prisms throughout the room and giving a room the ambiance of old refined taste and "wealth".
Today's chandeliers however come in so many different varieties though, that mirror the tastes of the owner. Here is a sampling of just a few different styles available:
- shabby-chic - dripping with pearls and adorned with mini-lampshades in rich golds and silvers.
- Victorian - similar to shabby-chic, adorned with pearls, crystals, bows and/or lampshades, but also in victorian shades of cream, pink, blue, lavender, etc.
- Outdoorsy - chandeliers made from branches, wood, or deer antlers. (The latter is certainly not the animal rights driven).
- Contemporary, traditional or modern- wrought iron with warm amber glass accents - sometimes very basic - other times ornate with accents.
- Modern - clean lines, simple, functional.
TresFun is hosting a great contest where you can win a "chandelier"vinyl decal - fun in a bedroom, study or even dining room! You can enter HERE
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (84)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (53)
- Win a year's supply of cosmetics
- Be Cool - Stay in School!
- What was once lost is now found...
- Reverisble Bird Seed Skirt GIVEAWAY!!!!
- Clean up relief is on the way
- Bookroomreviews mega book giveaway!
- Flip out in tech style
- Homework creativity - recycle and reuse
- end of summertime indulgence for Mom!
- Vintagesque inspiring Haiku
- You are never too old to learn...
- I found the missing links!
- I must polish the silver today...
- So much more....
- ▼ July (14)