Friday, June 12, 2009
Oscar Mayer and my family
I had promised to do a video log for Oscar Mayer as part of a blog tour with Mom Blogger's Club. Well that never happened....
1) I am bad with using a regular camera. I am hopeless with a video cam. (hoping to eventually a newer idiot proof one ...)
2) I kept buying the Oscar Mayer all beef hot dogs and my hubby and kids kept eating them!
So instead of a great post with video and pictures you get to hear that my kids love them so much I cannot keep them stocked in my fridge....
Tomorrow is Miss N.'s half-birthday party - she is a holiday baby so we do the kids party in June. Tomorrow morning we have to clean and get the house ready. I wanted to make something easy tonight. I thought "this is perfect - I can finally take pictures or try and video log the hot dogs.". Well, Miss E. who currently hates anything and everything we are having for dinner said she didn't want hot dogs. I did not want to fight the daily food battle with her tonight and figured I would serve up the hot dogs on Sunday. see below for details on the food battle:
If I make mac and cheese on Monday (normally one of her favs), she will hate it and say she wants chicken nuggets. If I make chicken nuggets on Tuesday, she no longer likes them and will want hot dogs. I will offer to make a hot dog and she will change her mind and decide she wants Mac and Cheese. It is like that with EVERY dinner lately and she used to be my "good eater".
So back to the hot dogs. Didn't want to fight the good fight with Miss E. and figured she could snack tonight, I could make soup, raviolis, or something that she would request (demand). During the food battle, Miss C. decided she was going to make dinner and cooked up the hot dogs. Another lost opportunity to film, photo or something... something other than eat the hot dogs again...
Anyhoooo we ended up eating the hot dogs. Miss E. complained the entire time - the bun didn't taste right, the ketchup was watery, she hated hot dogs. FINALLY she asked if she could eat just the hot dog, but not the bun and not with ketchup. When I said yes, she started eating. By the time Miss E. STARTED eating her hot dog, Miss C., Miss N. and I had finished ours. Of course Miss E. loved it and why shouldn't she? Hot Dogs have always been one of her favorite foods - when we go out to eat she usually wants to order a Hot Dog! So long story short. Everyone, yes everyone, LOVED their hot dog (even the impossible to please Miss E.).
Oscar Mayer is and always has been one of my favorite brands . I grew up with Oscar Mayer and now my kids do too. I am really picky when I buy Hot Dogs - I only buy what I consider premium brands and Oscar Mayer is one of those that regularly makes my shopping list.
- I don't buy anything that looks like it was marinated food dye before being packaged up. If you have seen the RED hotdogs, you know what I am talking about. There is more food dye than dog.
- I don't buy hot dogs that look, (and usually are) cheap. If they look that bad before cooking, what will they look AND taste like after being grilled up. If only the cheapo hot dogs are on sale, I will spend full price for the premium brand.
- I don't buy hot dogs that I am not sure what is in there - With Oscar Mayer you know you are getting quality.
Visit Oscar Mayer and check out the videos (Alas, I am not on there!) They are fun to watch and and see what you have in common with the other Oscar Mayer lovers!