Due to a technical issue, earlier posts on this blog were deleted. These posts are being re-shared with Momanthology.com readers on a daily basis. This blog post was originally published on September 16, 2011
I was thrilled when ShaToBu contacted me - this is actually an ironic story. I work from home 1 - 2 days a week and go into the office 3 - 4 days a week. Our dress code at work is professional casual. I usually wear black slacks (I have about 6 pairs!), a nice shirt or sweater and heels.
I cannot stand "panty lines", seeing the outline of someones thong or clothes that look ill fitting. Because I prefer the clean lines, when wearing slacks I always wear a shaper. I have 3 shapers - I love 2 of them and the other I only wear if either of first two are being laundered. I also can stand to lose more than a few pounds. Shapers do help give a slimmer appearance to a certain extent.
Unfortunately the two shapers that I love have seen better days and I realized I needed to buy a new one. I have tried inexpensive shapers and they do not withstand much use so I am willing to spend considerably more to get one that will last for quite some time. I was literally planning to go out and buy a new one later that in the day when ShaToBu contacted me asking me to review their product. Talk about good luck!
When researching the product I learned that ShaToBu is different than your every day shaper. What makes their product different is that it is designed to work your muscles through resistance bands that are sewn into the garment itself.
"ShaToBu - The Workout You Wear - is the revolutionary shaper that helps women shape, tone and burn more calories during everyday activities. The benefits go beyond ordinary shapewear - ShaToBu instantly gives a sleeker silhouette, but women can also see and feel a difference in their bodies with regular use over time. By incorporating resistance bands right into the garment, muscles work a little harder and more calories are burned during daily activities."
Check out the informative video below:
I selected the Waist to Knee Shaper - this retails for $48 USD. Through the years I found that if a shaper is too small, it will be binding and uncomfortable but if it is too large it does not do as effective of a job. Because of these reasons, it is important to select the appropriate size. I was at the end of one size and on the cusp of another so ordered up to make sure that I had a good fit.
I received this VERY quickly. I opened immediately to check it out. The ShaToBu shaper does look noticeably different from the others that I have used. It has a defined waistband, a tummy panel and resistance bands in the thigh area.
- I noticed that the ShaToBu is very lightweight but heavy duty (solidly constructed). I think I will need to be careful not to snag the lighter nylon-wovenparts of the garment when putting on; once on however it does have the heaviness of wearing an extra garment. Becuse some of the areas are lighter weight than others and more susceptible to snagging, I will be hand washing to preserve the longevity of the shaper.
- Even though I ordered a size up, I found that this was a very tight fit. Once on it was surprisingly not uncomfortable at all, but I will admit it took an extra minute to get on.
I am shorter and most of my weight is in the butt, thighs and hips (pear shaped), so if you have a similar body type I would recommend ordering up a size. Otherwise I would suggest taking measurements and using your own discretion.
- The length was longer than my other shapers which is nice - for me this meets at the knee instead of mid thigh. One of the concerns with the shorter length is the lines at the end. Since the ShaToBu meets closer to the knee where the pant fit is looser than the thigh area, this concern is eliminated.
- I definitely felt the resistance when walking but it was not at all uncomfortable of debilitating. I really look forward to using it when I am at work!
If you are in the market for a new shaper, I recommend checking out the ShaToBu as it provides some of the benefits of a workout (resistance) through every day activities.
Thanks to ShaToBu, I also have one shaper to give to one lucky entrant in their choice of style, color and size. For details please refer to the Rafflecopter form below. Please note that this is open to Canadian and US residents! Ends 09/30/2011.
Disclosure: I received the opportunity to provide a prize pack to one of my readers through a PR firm. I
did not receive any compensation for my initial review or for this giveaway. For more information on this
blog or on my posting practices, please refer to the disclosure policy at the bottom of this page
- General Mills "Cereal Box Prize" Review and Giveaw...
- 2014 NC State Fair Fun
- Key West Health and Beauty - Review Holiday 2014
- Polish Pottery from Artisan Imports - Holiday 2014...
- Blast From the Past "The Complete Idiot's Guide t...
- Blast From the Past - "Harvey Prince Eau Flirt and...
- Blast From the Past - "Tropical Traditions - Fall ...
- Blast From the Past - "VTech InnoTech Prize Pack F...
- Blast From the Past - "ShaToBu - Fall Giveaway Fes...
- Blast from the Past -" Everyday Minerals Fall Give...
- Blast From the Past - "Modify Watches"
- Blast From the Past - "EtchArtisians"
- Blast From the Past - "Unlinked LinkedIn"
- Blast from the Past - Shish kabob - fun and easy i...
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (84)
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (53)