Another back to school post!
I have made efforts to buying healthier grocery products for my family. More fresh fruits and veggies, and more organic. We are not on an organic diet by any means but I am trying to incorporate organic foods into our diets as much as possible.
For over 30 years old Santa Cruz products has provided organic products to consumers. Known for their juices, Santa Cruz continues to expand their product line. Santa Cruz Organic, announced new products this summer for the ultimate, organic lunch box solution:
Organic Fruit Spreads – just launched in four flavors: Strawberry, Apricot, Seedless Red Raspberry and Blackberry Pomegranate; fruit is the first ingredient in each jar for a rich, home-style texture.
Organic Fruit Sauces – new flavors are Apple Peach and Apple Tropical; 4-ounce cups are ideal with 100 percent daily vitamin C.
Organic Peanut Butter – This is not a new product in the Santa Cruz line, but is of course the perfect complement to the new fruit spreads. My girls are definitely Peanut Butter and Jelly people!
Santa Cruz Organic products are:
- certified organic
- do not contain high fructose corn syrup
- do not contain artificial ingredients
- do not contain preservatives
- are manufactured entirely with renewable energy from a variety of sources
I don't have a picture of the Santa Cruz Organic Fruit Cups because they were gone within a day. I tried one (delicious!) and my kids apparently finished off the rest.
I also tried the Santa Cruz Organic Fruit Spread (strawberry) with crackers - very sweet but not overly sugary.
We already have 2 jars of peanut butter opened, one natural and one regular store brand. I have not yet tried the Santa Cruz Organic Peanut Butter but am very tempted to open the jar. The texture looks very creamy with natural color. The light roasted creamy "blonde" peanut butter looks divine!
* I have just started purchasing natural peanut butter and my family is still trying to get used to it compared to the store brand types. Natural peanut butter has a thinner consistency and you have to mix it before using because the peanut oil rises to the top while the denser parts of the peanut butter "settle". I like the thought of not having a bunch of additives to keep the oil from separating.
I look forward to incorporating even more natural and organic foods to our diets. If you are interested in trying Santa Cruz foods, use the store finder on the main page. I found that I can purchase these products locally at Wellspring Grocery!
Please feel free to share your thoughts or experiences with Organic food, and particularly if you have tried Santa Cruz.
This post was written for Family Review Network and Santa Cruz Organic who provided the complimentary product for review in exchange for my honest opinions.