My girls used to get school lunches exclusively, but lately the trend has been to bring their lunch. I may help a little but for the most part the girls select their meal items and pack their lunches themselves. I usually "audit" to make sure some healthy options are included but for the most part they are independently making their own!
Ziploc plays a big part in our school lunches and snack routine. The girls find it easy to use and the smaller sandwich bags are the perfect size for snacks. We also use Ziploc bags for box-tops (in fact box tops are ON Ziploc boxes as well), money, and small items brought back from field trips such as rocks, shells, etc..
I have used Ziploc for years. I usually don't use the slider bags but I have gotten used to using them and have to say I really like the simplicity and ease. Plus I don't have to worry about the bag not being sealed properly.
· Ziploc Brand sandwich bags
· Ziploc Brand Freezer slider bags with expandable bottom and smart-zip seal (quart)
· Ziploc Brand Storage slider bags with expandable bottom and smart-zip seal (quart)
· Ziploc Brand Containers with the Smart Snap™ Seal (medium square)
For leftovers I use Ziploc containers to store leftovers. I used to microwave at home as well, but now I simply use for storage and opt to microwave in glass or ceramic containers. I much prefer the Ziploc for storage however - the seal is air tight and it prevents premature spoilage.
Lately I have gotten into the habit of reusing Ziploc bags; I simply turn the bag inside out, wash thoroughly and let air dry - the quality of the Ziploc bags (vs. generics) provides the durability to withstand multiple washings. For you greenies, Ziploc has teamed up with Terracycle! If you want to even go more green, Ziploc now has a line of eco-friendly products named Evolve.
Right now you can dowload a free Fall Meals Recipe Guide at Ziploc with 2 UPC codes - click HERE! Also on the website is a VERY helpful Food Storage Guide - make sure that you bookmark this page!
Ziploc is a great way to address your food storage needs at home, at work and at school. Feel free to share your tips and tricks by commenting below.
This post was written for Family Review Network and SC Johnson who provided the complimentary product for review and giveaway in exchange for my honest opinions.
- ► 2014 (35)
- ► 2013 (74)
- ► 2012 (84)
- ► 2011 (51)
- Baking With Betty - Baking Stations mean Baked Goo...
- quick updates
- Organizing Kids' Rooms (09/21/2010)
- Baking with Betty - the Campus
- MESSAGE TO ALL RSS SUBSCRIBERS (09/19/2010)
- The Fine Art of Packing Healthy Lunches by Guest B...
- The Glamour of Grammar - Review and Giveaway ENDED...
- Hellmann's Virtual Sandwich Swap
- Ziploc at home, work and back to school!
- Santa Cruz Organic review
- Rumpled to Runway (09/18/2010)
- More Winners
- Contact Info
- ▼ September (13)
- ► 2009 (53)